Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Sub-category display, last modified info

Quote Reply
Sub-category display, last modified info
Hello,

Two things I havent yet figured out :

1. Sub-category display : I have created a certain style for categories to show up in my home.html -template. I'm also using sub-categories in my category.html -template. In both cases <%category%> command is used to display the categories. However this is a problem. Category-command in home.html -template displays category names correctly (on blue background with white text). In category.html sub-categories are not visible at all (white text, white background). The problem is that same command is used on different parts (templates) of the page, but the same style is used for the both. Why there isn't subcategory-command for displaying sub-categories ?

2. How can I put last modified info to my link description ?

Quote Reply
Re: Sub-category display, last modified info In reply to
1) Check your category.html file to make sure that you have the correct table codes in it around the <%category%> tag.

2) There is a Last Modified Mod in the 3 Graphics New Mod, which is linked in the Resources section of this site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
1. They are OK, I checked. I think that the issue here is that the style for <%category%> is defined directly in site_html_templates.pl -file. When I use category in home.html, help says : "Listing of all the main categories and category descriptions", when using in category.html, help says : "The list of sub-categories". Same code using same style definition in two different templates, that's the thing (->problem). If there isn't sub-category-code, is there any way to define different styles depending where you use the code (home.html or category.html) ?

2. Thanks, does that add the date, when the link was modified (like in www.anthrotech.com) ???

Cheers,
Timo

Quote Reply
1) Look for the SECOND <a href="$url">$category_name</a> in the sub site_html_print_cat in the site_html_templates.pl file. Add your own font codes.

----this is a recording----

2) Not exactly as my site, since I am using LINKS SQL and the LINKS table already comes with a LAST MODIFIED field. But the MOD I mentioned WILL do the same thing for LINKS 2.0.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
1. OK, I didn't know that I should look from there. Gotta try that.
2. OK

Thanks once again for your help (and patience) Eliot. :-)

Cheers,
Timo