Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Please Help Me

Quote Reply
Please Help Me
Hi to All ..
I just installed the 2.0 Version of Links on my Server. When i search for something comes the popup where i can save jump.cgi ;-) i dont want to download them i wanna search the web hehe .. What can i do ?

Some other question
#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.00404 <-- works the script better when i add this line to all cgi's ?

I work on the Programm and try to make it works ..

Maybe would some nice Person configure for me the script ?(only the server patch and urls) ??

All i can offer is a Place for ur Banner on my Homepage at ultimazone.ch

Thanx !

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Please Help Me In reply to

Quote:
Some other question
#!/usr/local/bin/perl5.00404 <-- works the script better when i add this line to all cgi's ?

You must set that to the absolute path to perl. I don't think it will be #!/usr/local/bin/perl5.00404. Try #!/usr/local/bin/perl or #!/usr/bin/perl.

Ask your webhost if it doesn't work.
Quote Reply
When the system asks you to download jump.cgi, go ahead and do it but save it as a unique name someplace on your computer. Then, when the download is complete, open the file in a text editor and it should contain an error message indicating what is wrong. All you will need to do is fix the error it is referring to.

Quote:

If that is the path your ISP says to use for Perl, then yes, put it at the top of all .cgi scripts in both the admin and user accessible script directories.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
i got an ERROR but i don't understeand ..
What do i have to do now ?

Error including libraries: Can't locate
http://www.ultimazone.ch/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at jump.cgi line 34.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

<<Permisions are set corectly im sure>>

Thanx

------------------
Quote Reply
In jump.cgi, you have a line that says:

Quote:
require "admin/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

Change the admin/links.cfg to the full path to links.cfg and see if the problem goes away. The full path should start from your root directory.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Cool !! Now i get an other Error ..

Error: Can't find link id: 6

http://www.ultimazone.ch/cgi-bin/search.cgi?query=test

here is it in Action :-) !

What should i add in directory pages/ New and pages/ Cool and others ??
Do the script store self the index.html in these dir's ?

------------------
Quote Reply
Wow !!!! IT WORKS!

Im so stupid i forgot to run the nph-build.cgi !!!

Thats so Cool!!!

Thank you guys a lot for help !!!

Yeah!!