Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links vs Hyperseek.

Quote Reply
Links vs Hyperseek.
Hi all,

I just saw the messages of Links vs Indexfinger. I would like to know how u guys comment on Hyperseek?

In their comparsion chat, they seems to be a better program than Links or IF. Actually, I just want to hear some real comment.

I am still thinking whether i should choose Links or Hyperseek. I original using Links but owing to the size of my database, I can't build page at once in my current ISP and the Links 2.0 can't support special characters is another very important problem.

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
Re: Links vs Hyperseek. In reply to
JUST ONE NOTE:

Links 2.0 is ten times better than Hyperseek,
and the database of Links 2.0 is a lot smaller then Hyperseek.
Quote Reply
Hi Bear,

If your database is too big that you can't build pages, I doubt you'll have much better luck with Hyperseek. I'm not sure if Hyperseek supports foreign characters in categories, it might well do as it doesn't use the category name in the URL/Directory (to my knowledge at least).

I would ask for a demo to make sure it works for you..

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
I have used hyperseek. Really liked the simplicity of using templates. The speed was lower then links 2.0 . The best option with hyperseek was the banner rotation. It was possible to place banners everywhere on your site and target a special banner in just one category (idea Alex?). I'm now using links 1.11 and are testing and editting 2.0 But i keep it with 2.0 and forget about hyperseek. Oh, yeah the support of links is much better.
Quote Reply

Quote:
It was
possible to place banners everywhere on your site and target a special banner in just
one category (idea Alex?).

Why dont you use Links2.0 and WebAdverts.
(It's the best combination ever.)
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

I would like to see if you can support foreign characters as well. If you have a demo, please let me. I am a real fans of Links!

------------------
Bear EveryWhere
Quote Reply
Ok, ds... How to make Links2.0 and Webadverts1.60 work together ?!?!