Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Header & Footers

Quote Reply
Header & Footers
I got my site set up, but I have a question. What is the header and footer fields for at the bottom of each category in admin? I'm using Links2 btw. I have played with them a bit, but do not see anything they actually do... Am I missing something?

------------------
destiney - des’-ti-nêy - n. 1. diety of all things "html", 2. internet addict, 3. lover of late '80's heavy metal, 4. reformed ex-software piratier (got a job), 5. see also - "cool guy"
Quote Reply
Re: Header & Footers In reply to
See the thread at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um2/HTML/000628.html . I think it will answer your questions.
Quote Reply
Thanks alot! Just what I was looking for, an easy place to stick an ssi call, and easy to change too! When I got this script, I only planned to use it for what it was named, "Links", but now over the past few weeks, I have realized it can be a full blown search engine. Yeah, I know, I'm slow to catch on... So since your so helpful, mind pointing me to your favorite banner rotating script? Has to be freeware, I'm not profit still... I been looking at a bunch at cgi-resources.com but what would you reccomend?

------------------
destiney - des’-ti-nêy - n. 1. diety of all things "html", 2. internet addict, 3. lover of late '80's heavy metal, 4. reformed ex-software piratier (got a job), 5. see also - "cool guy"
Quote Reply
I don't use a banner rotating script, so I really have no favorite.
Quote Reply
BannerMaster is not a bad ad-management script. I hear that WebAdverts is good too. Smile
Quote Reply
I couldn't ever get bannermaster to work, but i got WebAdverts up yesterday, got it all tweaked out today, Yep, by far WebAdverts is the superior script to all I have tried, and I tried a bunch over the last week....

------------------
destiney - (des’-ti-nêy) - n. 1. diety of all things "html", 2. internet addict, 3. lover of late '80's heavy metal music, 4. see also - cool guy, des, mr. java, "It's 3:00a.m., your website is still up, why are you?" http://destiney.com