Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Can Links to this?

Quote Reply
Can Links to this?
Can Links do the following:
1) 1. Visitors to my site need to click on a category in the main page and be presented with a list(alphabetical if possible) of web sites and companies. When they click on one of these names I want them to be presented with a page where they can rate the site with a 1-10 option and also leave a short message containing their opinion of the site. On this same page will be other peoples ratings and messages.

2. If a site is not listed under a category then a visitor should be able to add the site to the category and then rate it.

Quote Reply
Re: Can Links to this? In reply to
Links could do this, but it would be mainly editing the templates so that it could do this. Links with the review mod, is almost what your asking with a little bit more indepth rating system. Widgetz is working on a mod that is for ratings. It is like what you want. I do not understand what you want to do with people placing the links into categories. How many links/companies do you want to have listed, do you have access to a SQL server, and how many people do you plan on reviewing each resource?

------------------
Have Fun,

Jimz
Quote Reply
i saw my name in this post.. review.cgi 1 is done.. review.cgi 2 with the image graph.. viewable here:

http://www.pdamania.com/sql/review.cgi?ID=2

which uses SQL.. and is much better than review.cgi 1.. is about to become added into links sql.. links2 may take awhile longer.. i have to decide what i am going to do..

jerry
Quote Reply
Ok,
I did not know what exactly was going on with the review mod(s) as I really dont need them for my site, and its just gonna get out of control when I get larger. Brandon, if you want graphs showing the percentiles of the rating, you will have to wait, otherwise head over to the Gossamer-Threads resource, download a copy of the Review mod, and your on your way. You may also have to use the detailed pages and some ssi on them to display the information and review parts. Once again, I never used this mod so I don't know how exactly it works.

------------------
Have Fun,

Jimz
Quote Reply
Thanks alot guys, those mods will offer exactly what I want. BTW, when I click on the review mod link it gives me a 404 error.
Quote Reply
review.cgi 1 has graphs.. it's in the resource center as REVIEW.CGI

jerry