Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Build Error

Quote Reply
Build Error
Hi, when I go to Build All, everything runs smoothly except I get this error message:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Unmatched right bracket at /web1/c00xaoay/docs/cgi-bin/links/admin/Template.pm line 219, at end of line
syntax error at /web1/c00xaoay/docs/cgi-bin/links/admin/Template.pm line 219, near "}"

Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

Also, when I go the actual site, the pages load up blank. Can anyone help me?

Quote Reply
Re: Build Error In reply to
1) Have you hacked the Template.pm file?

2) What other modifications have you installed recently?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I think I've hacked it. I recently installed:

- Recommend this listing
- AltaVista style spanpages

Thanks for your help. What should I do now?

Quote Reply
Well..it is not the Template.pm you've hacked, but the sub build_category_pages in the nph-build.cgi...I would recommend re-applying the codes for Altavista Span Mod...that is probably screwing up your build.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I reapplied it and there was no change. The same problem came up again. Then I uploaded the original build script, and the same error still came up, so I'm pretty much stuck. What else can I do?

Quote Reply
I would double check the "Recommend" subroutines you've added in the site_html_templates.pl and make sure that you have closing brackets.

BTW: To get more detailed information about syntax errors of your files, use the following command lines in the command prompt when you login to telnet.

1) Connect to directory where file is located:

Code:

cd /cgi-bin/links/

2) Check synatx:

Code:

perl -c filename.cgi

You can check the syntax of .cgi, .pl and .pm files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
What should I do if I'm using the templates in the Templates folder? I also don't have telnet access. Thanks again for your help.