Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Presales - Generating RSS Feeds?

Quote Reply
Presales - Generating RSS Feeds?
Hello,

I am interested in purchasing Links 2.0, but needed to know if it can generate RSS feeds based on the latest entries and categories that you set up?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [pgrote] Presales - Generating RSS Feeds? In reply to
not out of box, but can certainly be done with a little hacking. you'd have to add a new field to the categories database since it doesn't currently track the added date. as for simply having an RSS feed of your new links, you can simply either change the current template or change the in build subroutine to generate a second page with a seperate template.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Presales - Generating RSS Feeds? In reply to
Thanks. Do you know if anyone has done this already?

In Reply To:
not out of box, but can certainly be done with a little hacking. you'd have to add a new field to the categories database since it doesn't currently track the added date. as for simply having an RSS feed of your new links, you can simply either change the current template or change the in build subroutine to generate a second page with a seperate template.
Quote Reply
Let me know if u find something...nice idea BTW.
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Presales - Generating RSS Feeds? In reply to
Thanks, Nak. I'm hoping someone says, "Yes, this person did it" and I can follow-up with them.
Quote Reply
I am constantly looking for your reply. :-(
Wathing this thread here as well :-)
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Presales - Generating RSS Feeds? In reply to
Haven't found anything. I wish I had, though.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Presales - Generating RSS Feeds? In reply to
In Reply To:
What would be the name of the file where I edit the subroutine to generate a separate build for my RSS template?
---
I'm a very boring lady, very, very boring.
Quote Reply
We should probably point out that Links 2.0 is all but officially dead - the code works great but there hasn't been an update in how many years now?

Of course the local people here really do a GREAT job of support and modification, but some people might not want ot spend $150 for something they'll have to modify based on forum posts.

Last edited by:

allpar: Nov 15, 2005, 7:49 AM