Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

links limit reached???

Quote Reply
links limit reached???
recently i have been experiencing some problems with my install of links. The first thing that i noticed was that the categories where not being displayed on the homepage. This wasnt realy a problem because i do not use the default homepage on my site... Mt real homepage of my website simply contains hyperlinks to the category pages. Then a few weeks ago i started to experience build problems" not enough space lift on destination" I only received this message when i used "build all" if i used "staggered auto" it seamed to be ok. Tooday it just will not build at all. My most recent backup is on my hard file so i uploaded it to my server in the data directory. i clicked on "staggered auto" and it apeared to be building as normal, but when it finished it displayed the total links to be far short od what they should be. I was in the process of going to repeat this and i went to delite the backups (that where just made) and i notice that it had only created a backup for links.db

i also receive this error message

Error Message : fatal error: Illegal division by zero at nph-build.cgi line 432, chunk 464.

any ideas????Unsure

Last edited by:

clickforchoice: Oct 18, 2001, 11:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [clickforchoice] links limit reached??? In reply to
Looks like you have hit the upper limits of Links 2.0 in terms of the build problems you are experiencing...

With regards to the error message you receive, search the Links 2.0 Installation-UNIX forum for Illegal division by zero.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [clickforchoice] links limit reached??? In reply to
I provided a solution for illegal division by zero in the Links2 FAQ in the resources section.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] links limit reached??? In reply to

HI Clickforchoice. how many number of links / categories do you have in your db?
Quote Reply
Re: [svr] links limit reached??? In reply to
I have the same problem...

I have 12000 links / 1100 categories...
Quote Reply
Re: [matthias17] links limit reached??? In reply to
Erk, the limit for Links 2 (safely at least, IMHO) is about 2000 links and 100 categories. You should really consider upgrading to Links SQl Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] links limit reached??? In reply to
Either that or don't complain when your database disappears :)
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] links limit reached??? In reply to
Yup, a very good point Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] links limit reached??? In reply to

The sql version is doggone expensive! ;)
Gossamer needs to bring down the price drastically (IMHO) :)
Quote Reply
Re: [svr] links limit reached??? In reply to
I know its expensive, but well worth every cent Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Post deleted by PerlFreak In reply to
Post deleted by PerlFreak In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] links limit reached??? In reply to
Haha you bugger :)

For anyone who saw the posts it was a wind up Cool