Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;))

Quote Reply
Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;))
Hi, I have ran a search on the boards regarding "disappearing links". But I have not found a solution other than upgrade to links sql. The problem is 1) I cannot afford that, and 2) I only have 10 links. For the past couple of days 5 of the links have disappeared. Before it has been working perfectly. Each day now I have to rebuild to get my links back. Also, I am no where close to running out of space on my webhost. Is there anyway I can fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: [tia] Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;)) In reply to
does your server support flock and is it turned on in links.cfg? If Links can't get an exclusive lock on a file, things can get mixed up and lost if the file is being written to and read from simultaneously.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;)) In reply to
No, they do not support flock Unsure. But it is turned on, should I turn it off? Is there another way to fix this? Frown
Quote Reply
Re: [tia] Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;)) In reply to
I'm having the same problem and have tried all the suggestions I could find on the board. I have reloaded from backup, checked that flock is on, have plenty of disk space left, and only have 20 links in the database so far. I've had Links 2.0 for 2 days and am considering reversing charges on my CC and returning it. Can someone please provide some constructive help other then Stealth snidely posting that we're all idiots and should search "disappearing links" again?!

geez guys....
Webmaster
Hussy Clothing Company
Trucker Hats | Vintage Clothing
Quote Reply
Re: [Gieckboy] Links Disappearing (I've searched the boards ;)) In reply to
What type of server are you on? When you look at the db files, is there anything there? Do you get any error messages; did you check server error logs?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie