Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Building pages with wrong permissions

Quote Reply
Building pages with wrong permissions
I have successfully installed the script but when I hit the build all it creates all pages in the wrong permissions and I get the 403 error when I try to view my links pages:

You don't have permission to access /links/pages/Member_Sites/index.html on this server.

I can manually change all the files to 777 and they work, but as soon as I do another build all its back to the error 403. How can I fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: [chinclub] Building pages with wrong permissions In reply to
You have the pages being built in a non-cgi area, right? In links.cge, you can change what permissions are use; try changing the default 777 to 755.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Building pages with wrong permissions In reply to
Thanks, I changed that to 755. Now the main page, whats hot, & what's cool, work but clicking to open any category and the what's new by date links still don't work. Is there another place in the script that controls permissions?
Quote Reply
The script is still creating files as 600 so they are not web accessable. Could this be some sort of server problem instead of script thing. I have tried installing other directory scripts I didn't like as much as this one and they too saved files as 600!

Any ideas on how to force the script to save as something like 777?
Quote Reply
You're already 'forcing" it in links.cfg, so perhaps it is a server issue. have you asked your host about this problem? Since it is not unique to your Links2 install, the problem must lie elsewhere...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
There's a line in links.cfg that should look like this:-

Code:
$build_dir_per = 0777;

The leading zero is important, and there should not be any quotes around the number. If that isn't working, you might try running nph-build.cgi from telnet - if you have that option.

If that fails, you're going to need to contact your host, as it sounds as if they have an unusual setup.