Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

500 Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
500 Internal Server Error
I just migrated to a new server and my links admin page now gives me a 500 Internal Server Error. Permissions are the same, I updated links.cfg and links.cgi to be correct and reflect the new paths. The actual links (jump ids) work fine, but the admin page gives me a 500 now on my new server. I'm not sure where to look for potential causes.

Thanks for any helpful suggestions anyone might have.

--Amelia G
http://www.SpookyLinks.com/
Quote Reply
Re: [ameliag] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
Check your error log.

What is links.cgi?
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
I'm referring to the links.cgi configuration file. It looks like my log is saying the error has to do with "Premature end of script headers." That doesn't suggest much to go on to me. Any ideas?

Thanks, Amelia G
http://www.SpookyLinks.com/
Quote Reply
Quote:
I updated links.cfg and links.cgi

links.cfg is the configuration file. There is no such file as links.cgi

Make sure the path to perl is correct as well as all the require statements in the cgi scripts.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Sep 29, 2001, 6:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
ok, I just did a clean install. links.cgi was an extrainious and unused backup, but was unrelated to the problem. I just looked at the error log ad the only message it generates when I try to run the admin script is:

Premature end of script headers:... /cgi-bin//links/admin/admin.cgi

...and no, I'm not certain where that extra / is comming from (between cgi-bin and links)

All the other functions seem to be working, it's tracking hits out and all that stuff, it's just the admin that won't work.

Last edited by:

ameliag: Sep 29, 2001, 6:11 AM
Quote Reply
Please post what you haved setup for your paths. It sounds like you have a / at the end of one of the paths, and it is confusing the script.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!