Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers

Quote Reply
How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers
Hi,

I've noticed a few questions about category headers and footers here but I can't find anything about using HTML links in the category headers/footers of Links 2.0. Hopefully someone can help me since I've been trying to figure this out for months (I know, I know, it's always easier just to ask).

Every time I try to add a link in one of the category headers or footers, it doean't link correctly and basically, after the <a href=" --- it just goes wonky.

Is there something I can put before the quotation marks, or is the problem something else. I just want to do something simple like add a linked picture in some of the headers.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [luc03] How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers In reply to
yikes, i've never used the header/footer categoru fields. this gave me good chance to play around with them.

I tried adding a <a href> to the header field. I could save it the first time and it seemed to work ok. but i could not subsequently edit that field. so i put the <a href> in a file and entered the file name in the header field. I uploaded the file to the appropriate folder ( look in your links.cfg file for $db_header_path ). That seemed to work better...

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [luc03] How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers In reply to
Tru using 'single quotes' around the URL instead of "double quotes."

I think in the perl code, putting the double quotes is messin the code:

code stuff("more code stuff<a href"url"> code)"

The perl interpreter is looking for the red quotes to make the code work, but runs into the blue one first, which "breaks" the code... My theory, anyway.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers In reply to
outstanding! that seemed to work...

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers In reply to
Wow,

Thanks, the single quotes worked! I had thought of that once and never tried it because I never thought it would work...

Thanks for the quick reply since I'd been trying to find a way to fix that for a long time!
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] How to use HTML link in Category headers/footers In reply to
Oh thanks to Gene as well - I'll try that too (might be useful for the longer tags)!