Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links in More Than One Category

Quote Reply
Links in More Than One Category
Is there some way to put a single link in more than one category? Right now, I have just created duplicate links in each of the two categories. But this messes up things like hits and ratings (e.g., the same URL may have two different ratings, or may not make the ratings list at all, due to the fact that neither link alone has enough ratings). Any way to fix this?
Quote Reply
Re: Links in More Than One Category In reply to
YES! This has been discussed A LOT in these Forums and there is a Mod, called Loopy's Multiple/Alternative Category Mod, which can be found in a couple Threads in the LINKS Modification Forum. USE THE FORUM SEARCH ENGINE to find these Threads.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Sorry, I had tried to use the search engine before I posted, but apparently had chosen the wrong terms. But with your hint, I found and installed the mod. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Call me blind - I tried the search several times and it did not come up with any mod. Could anyone help and give the link to the mod? Thank you very much.
Quote Reply
I sympathize--I had troubles, too, which is why I posted the original note. And the only way I found it, even AFTER receiving the response, was to search the message board for "Loopy's," and then go through a whole bunch of useless notes before I found one with the URL. So to simplify things, here's the URL: http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/links-mods/

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: [CVCalhoun] Links in More Than One Category In reply to
OK, I followed the link and did all the mods. Only problem is this: now when I put in a link, it requires me to fill in the AltCategory field, rather than making it optional. Anyone else run into this? I double-checked to make sure I did everything right.
Quote Reply
Re: [Dimwhit] Links in More Than One Category In reply to
in links.def change

AltCategories => [16, 'alpha', 100x10, 1000, 1, '', ''],

to

AltCategories => [16, 'alpha', 100x10, 1000, 0, '', ''],

your particulars may be different but you must have the 0 to make it non-required

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Links in More Than One Category In reply to
Perfect! Thank you very much.