Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

SSH Build

Quote Reply
SSH Build
I was wondering if someone could tell me which files I need to alter, and how, to run the build using ssh. I also need to know the command and where to run it from, the root directory or the program folder in the cgi-bin. I was also wondering if it's possible to rebuild just portions of the database, rather than rebuilding it all.

Presently I am having to use the Staggered (Auto) mode from the admin page.

I am running a Red Hat Linux 9.0 / Apache 2.0 server.

I have some experience using the SSH, but am limited, so please instruct in layman's terms Smile

Thanks in advance,
RJ
Quote Reply
Re: [RJLee] SSH Build In reply to
Its pretty easy Smile

cd /path/to/your/admin
nohup perl nph-build.cgi > log.txt &
tail -n20 -f log.txt

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] SSH Build In reply to
Hi Andy,
So just,
cd /home/site/cgi-bin/folder/admin

then type,
nohup perl nph-build.cgi > log.txt & tail -n20 -f log.txt
then hit enter?

That's all?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Almost :)

nohup perl nph-build.cgi > log.txt & tail -n20 -f log.txt

should be two seperate commands;

..and then;

tail -n20 -f log.txt

That should do it :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Oh, you mean do it as you said, not as I interpreted it Wink

then enter

then type,
tail -n20 -f log.txt
and hit enter again.

I do not need to modify the nph-build.cgi?
Quote Reply
Exactly =)

Quote:
I do not need to modify the nph-build.cgi?

Nope. It should just run via Telnet/SSH perfectly. Its designed to work with a browser, as well as in Telnet/SSH ... which is very helpful.. as it means you can set your build process up on a cronjob, and never have to worry about doing another build again :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Sounds like you guy's made this virtually RJ proof. I'm calling it quits for the night, but will tar down the folders in the morning and then give it a shot.

Out of all the programs I run I have never found one yet that the forums were so helpful. I had Leonard spend days helping on a mod I added last year.

Since you probably already know the answer, and it will save me some time bouncing to another board, when I change up to the Links SQL later on can I import all the data from this program into the new one?

I'll let you know how it went,

Thanks again,
RJ
Quote Reply
Quote:
Sounds like you guy's made this virtually RJ proof. I'm calling it quits for the night, but will tar down the folders in the morning and then give it a shot.

<G>

Quote:
Since you probably already know the answer, and it will save me some time bouncing to another board, when I change up to the Links SQL later on can I import all the data from this program into the new one?

Sure. There is an Import/Export feature in LinksSQL, which lets you import from Links 2 (flatfile), LinskSQL 1.x, or a backup from a previous LinksSQL install.

They have made it very painless Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hey Andy,
I just ran the SSH commands and rebuilt the database in a couple of minutes, rather than the hour is used to take using the admin. It worked perfectly.

You da man!

Thanks,
RJ