Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Need Help Please

Quote Reply
Need Help Please
When clicking anything in the admin area the system is automaticaly deleting links. Do you have a fix for this?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: [Carol552] Need Help Please In reply to
Posted my problem twice and no reply.
Thanks so much for your Help!
Quote Reply
Re: [Carol552] Need Help Please In reply to
You *definate* you havn't changed anything? Thats the only way it would do what you are suggestion. Either someone has been logging into your admin area, and deleting links; or you have done them by mistake. I've installed hundreds of copies of Links 2, and *none* of them have ever had the problems you are describing.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Need Help Please In reply to
this has happened to me twice and after both times swearing and cursing and threating that if I find the hacker I will strangle them I discovered it was not a hacker and it wasn't links2 fault either.

When I get close to the space limit on my server (mind you 2 different servers did this both linux) and I hit any of the links in admin including build all the server won't let me have any more space and instead of changing the link or building a new directory the server just deletes those links that I was working on.

Try deleting some of your really old backup files making sure you save the last good back up you had then uploading the last good back up into the data base and see if that doesn't work

Good Luck