Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories?

Quote Reply
Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories?
Hi, I have a serious problem with Links 2.0!

After validating new additions I start to rebuild the directorypages by using 'BUILD ALL' but after a while it stops (no timeout). At first it starts rebuilding the pages in different directories but suddenly it stops, so not all pages are updated? I also tried to use 'BUILD STAGGERED (AUTO)', on step 1 it stops at a certain directory and then it jumps to step 2 where the script continues rebuilding my files the directory after it stopped on step 1. (Example: step 1 builds directory A,B,C and stops during D... step 2 continues with directory E so D isn't rebuild at all).

I currently have 1049 links in my database so that shouldn't be a problem I think. I have been running the script for about 2 years now and never had this problem. All permissions have been checked and they all are fine.

When someone knows a solution to this strange problem I would be happy to find out. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [forza1] Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories? In reply to
Forza1,

In my experience, I haven't seen links stop building with only approx 1000 links? I have seen some with 5000+ still building via browser.

Is your version heavily modified?

If it wont build? your only option may be a build via shell/telnet/ssh

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [DDave] Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories? In reply to
Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply. It's not a modified version, I only changed templates and it have been working for a long while. I tried to run it by telnet but on telnet I'm a newbie. I didn't find the commandline to run a script yet :)

Maybe you know how to do that so I can try this solution?

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: [forza1] Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories? In reply to
In telnet/ssh, type;

cd /path/to/folder/nph-build/is/in <return>
perl nph-build.cgi

Its as simple as that Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links 2.0 not rebuilding all directories? In reply to
Me so happy, me wanna cry Wink

Thanks a lot for your support, it works fine in telnet so I'll do it that way from now on. Thanks to both of you!

Regards from the Netherlands