Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

"new" not lasting long enough

Quote Reply
"new" not lasting long enough
I have changed the cutoff time for new listing up to 30 days but the new dissappears after 7 days. Anyone have a thought why this might happen?

Quote Reply
Re: "new" not lasting long enough In reply to
If you mean "new" next to the links...sounds to me like your installation of the Three New Level Mod is causing problems.

I would revert back to the default codes in the link.html and see what happens...

<%if isNew%>
New
<%endif%>

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I did...I removed the 3-level new completely and it's still not working.

Quote Reply
And did you upload the most current links.cfg file where you edited the $db_new_cutoff???

Did you also RE-BUILD your directory after uploading the current version of your links.cfg file?

Also, in the future, please do not post duplicate and redundant posts.

thank you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
yes and yes...also, when I do the build, it says that What's New Cutoff: 30 days.

Sorry about the double-post....I didn't realize it until after I'd posted.

Quote Reply
I love this program...I really, really do....:)

After a bit of testing and date-tweaking, it looks like sites added after I set up the 3-level new mod are staying "new" for 30 days but sites added before aren't. Not a problem really since the site isn't live as yet and all sites will be considered new once it does. As long as it works after the site goes live.

Thanks for the help (and patience), Anthro. BTW, took a look at your site and can't wait to get this site done so I can explore it....always had an interest in Anthropology and Archaeology.

Quote Reply
Thanks...although you should be aware that most of my sites are now powered LINKS SQL v.1.13 (highly modded). Only one site is still powered by LINKS 2.0 (Postcards), which does not warrant an upgrade at this time...but I am working on integrating it soon with the rest of my sites, so that users can view all sent postcards and edit their postcards.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
This is embarrassing...really, it is...but I've found out what went wrong and thought I'd better pass it on just in case it happens to someone else.

When I first started using Links, the Date went in as ##-##-##. When I put in the 3-level new/updated mod, the date and date added came in as ##-##-####. So, of course, the mod and new didn't work. I don't know what caused the change but new (and the mod) is working now.