Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

"Detailed" Content?

Quote Reply
"Detailed" Content?
Hi :)

I understand that Links can be used to build content pages, presumably linked from the list of links in a category, as in this example:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/Detailed/877.html

I can even see the detailed.html file in the list of templates to edit. What I can't figure out (and I apologise if this is really stupid) is how to generate content against that template.

I can add categories, add links... but add a "detailed" page isn't an option on my admin list...

Any help appreciated :)

--Bri

Quote Reply
Re: "Detailed" Content? In reply to
In links.cfg set $build_detailed = 0; to $build_detailed = 1;

----------
Jeremy

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I can even see the detailed.html file in the list of templates to edit.
It is simply a copy of link.html with other tags that you want to show in the DETAILED PAGE! COPY the link.html file, rename it to detailed.html. Then upload the template to your templates directory!

Done...

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for the help :)

OK, I set it to 1 and did a "Build All" in Admin, and I can see it building Details pages, so that all seems good.

What I can't figure out now is how to make a detailed page, i.e. put content in it and link to it. Sorry if this is obvious, but I'm struggling here.

--Bri

Quote Reply
The detailed page will be linked to automatically, To edit the look edit the template details.html or your site_html.pl if you dont use templates

-------------
Jeremy
Quote Reply
Actually, it is not linked automatically.

You will need to edit your link.html with the following codes (as discussed and repeated quite a few times in detailed pages Threads and also in the Links -> FAQ section of the Resources section):

Code:

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/Detailed/<%ID%>.html">Detailed Page</a>

There are, of course, other codes you could use to make this link more "dynamic", but these codes will function if you are using the default settings in the links.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee