Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Help on Validation Process

Quote Reply
Help on Validation Process
My url is www.master-world.com I have the links manager located there but when i try to validate after having about 1128 links the validation process is no longer there and i cant validate any more links what is the problem here ..

------------------
Aaron G. Abraham
MIS Operations Executive
MasterWorld Group Of Companies
Quote Reply
Re: Help on Validation Process In reply to
What do you mean it is no longer there? Is the file gone? Or is it just not working?

Probably your hosting company has shut down that file from being executed.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
I have totally no idea .. the files are stil there but the validation process is no longer able to be seen.. when i go to the admin page.. the validation has stopped at 888 links ,... some ppl have told me it is the host not allocating enough memory but i am not sure on this .. pls reply..

------------------
Aaron G. Abraham
MIS Operations Executive
MasterWorld Group Of Companies
Quote Reply
Try validating the links via telnet or crontab...much faster than executing the nph-verify.cgi file via your browser.

You can create a log file from the verify process, by using the following command line:

Code:
perl nph-verify.cgi > verify.log

This will help.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
How do I telnet into the validation process .. the only way i know how to validate is through the admin page .. at the moment when i click on validate the link i go to is ..http://www.masterworld.net/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?db=links&validate_form=1.. but this does not open .. and i cant validate ... but i can do the quick verify ... pls help Eliot ..
tnx..
Quote Reply
Okay...we are getting confused here.

The problem is with validating NOT verifying, right? Well, the problem is that you cannot validate that many links at once. You are trying to validate 888 links at once? Then that is your problem. No wonder your validation process is no longer working. I betcha that your hosting company has shut down your script due to high volume of memory and CPU usage.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------