Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

View not centered

Quote Reply
View not centered
I am having a problem with how our browsers are rendering the Links view. Many computers I check my links installation on are showing the links centered instead of left justified. The main page has categories in two columns and left justified. But opening up a category gives the centered and not pleasing to the eye view of everything being centered on the screen.

I don't have any control over the browser used, mainly IE6. I have also installed some customizations but cannot tell you which ones for now. Nothing changed with my Links install, just the computers used to view it.

Is there something I can add to the file(s) that will force a left justified view?

thx
Quote Reply
Re: [moped] View not centered In reply to
Left alignment is default in all browsers, I'm pretty sure, so you must have some code telling it to do otherwise, somewhere... Check your templates, like category.html amd link.html for and <center> codes. Try to remember what changes you have made, some mods have markup in them and if you cut and paste it into your code, you get what's there...

You need to open the page that is being centered, and hit 'view source' and look for the offending tags. This will point you in the right direction for a fix...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [moped] View not centered In reply to
I wouldn't be a good idea to "force" left alignment, as some browsers treat such content slightly differently to that with no specified (default) alignment.

In addition to checking the HTML for CENTER tags or ALIGN="center" attributes, take a look at the CSS file if you've modified it in any way.
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] View not centered In reply to
Finally figureed it out. I removed center tags from my category.html AND found a center tag at the bottom of my header.txt and top of footer.txt. Thanks for pointers on where to look! I checked the CSS and it was OK.

Actually there were center tags throughout all of the html files that had to be removed. All is well.
thx

Last edited by:

moped: Mar 18, 2003, 8:36 AM