Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Verifying Links

Quote Reply
Verifying Links
i searched before posting...verifying links brings me this error message:
Fatal error: Can't locate object method "netloc" via package "URI::http" at /home/sawz/cgi-bin/admin/LWP/Parallel/UserAgent.pm line 443, chunk 1.

first time it didn't work. always worked before.

thanks in advance for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [sawz] Verifying Links In reply to
What version of Links are you running? 1 or 2? I'm not farmiliar with the LWP/Parallel/UserAgent.pm folder Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Verifying Links In reply to
i'm using version 2
Quote Reply
Mmm..I'm not familiar with the /LWP/ folder. Is it a mod you installed?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Verifying Links In reply to
He has version 2.0 not 2.1 - it is quite normal Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Verifying Links In reply to
Ah..I get ya Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I also use 2.0 and received the same error message when doing a verify.
it leads to the path you stated
which when you look in the UserAgent.pm file you see that line 443 points to an address at washington state university.
It is my belief that this URL is no longer valid or has changed, so in order to rectify the problem this address needs to be updated. I have emailed a request to Gossamer Threads for input into this.
Quote Reply
Re: [flippster] Verifying Links In reply to
Hi Folks,

Is there any update to the "netloc" problem? I'm suffering in the same way.

Cheers,

Chris Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: [ChrisWilson] Verifying Links In reply to
Well I tell you what, today is Jan 1st , 2001. I posted that first message in this string a while back. Maybe 3 months ago. I have done absolutlely nothing to try and fix this, but the error was pointing to a URL in the Washinton State University system. So what I was thinking is that they were changing over their servers and that part of this program runs from a script on their servers. I dont know why, but at Gossamer , they think that this was an add on or something, and they know nothing about it. So I went to my Verify section last night, and I did a verify. Well it started working again - mind you I havent tried this since I havce posted before. It worked! Dunno why but my guess is that Washington State U did what I guessed. BUt I have over 1700 links and it stopped at about 300 and siezed up. This may have been a server time out on my server end. Again not too sure. But my verify is working now, and I know it was down for quite a while. I did absolutley nothing.

Quote Reply
Cheers, on mine it's been down for a couple of day's now. I saw the ref to the remote site and baulked Crazy I'll try again for the next few days and see what happens. As you suggest it could be a server problem - perhaps made worse by the holiday period.

Happy new year everyone.Tongue

Chris

Quote Reply
Hello, new forum user here.

I am also experiencing this problem. Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?

Regards

Last edited by:

DanW: May 4, 2002, 5:19 PM