Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Purchasing Links 2.0

Quote Reply
Purchasing Links 2.0
What all do I get extra when I pay for Links 2.0? I want 2 copies immediately and what is the best price to pay and what do I get ? Any extra features that are not there in the download version ? I need to use them commercialy, so I would certianly like to pay...but just let me know if there is any discount on buying 2 copies and some extra features ? Something like the RSS feed was a good idea ?

What all plugins / extras are available for Links 2 BTW ? Paid or Free...either way./...but like to know what is available.
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
>>>What all plugins<<<

There is no plugin system on Links2. Its just fun and games raw hacking :p

>>>but just let me know if there is any discount on buying 2 copies and some extra features<<<

I think you would be better off emailing jack@gossamer-threads.com, and asking him what price they can do for you :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
Do you not sell Links 2.0 ?
>> Nakul Goyal (SEO, Link Building Expert)
Web Site Promotion
Tips 'n' Tricks
SEO News

Quote Reply
Re: [nakulgoyal] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
I can, but it tends not to be worth my while. I don't make much on it, and if anyone wants work done on Links2, its a pain in the arse to do :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
Before buying you should be darned sure you like what you get, because Links has been stuck at 2.0 for at least two years and I don't think it'll ever go forward (correct me if I'm wrong). Links SQL is nice but expensive. If I had it to do again, I'd spend a LOT of time chekcing out open source projects to see which ones are well maintained. (I went through four BBS systems before settling on InvisionBoard for example - and BBS systems tend to be more likely to accept other systems' databases!).
Quote Reply
Re: [allpar] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
Links has been in 2.0 since '98... SQL is the way to go, and GT isn't giving it a second thought.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
SQL *is* the way to go but I feel misled after spending $200 on this product to then be charged $250 for an upgrade to the only supported version...
Quote Reply
Re: [allpar] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
if GT was smart in marketing, they would lower their price for Lins SQL to say oh about $250, then they would see that many people would buy it therefore at the end they would make more money.

As it is right now, Links SQL is so highly priced that it scares many potential buyers away... one of them being moi!
Quote Reply
Re: [PlzHelpMe] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
Absolutely - or offer upgrades. The supply & demand curve still operates. Perhaps they are using their higher price, though, to increase demand among the "you get what you pay for" crowd - the ones who think a Mercedes is higher quality than a Chrysler, or a Land Rover than a Jeep, or Windows XP than Linux. The people at Perseus said when they raised their prices, demand went UP.

A quiet $40 upgrade offer to their existing 2.0 customers would be nice, though. Would get 'em some extra bucks and prevent alienation.
Quote Reply
Re: [PlzHelpMe] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
I'm pretty confident it sells great at $450. I'm betting however, that most of their money comes from custom jobs and hosting.

If you ask Alex nicely, you can probably work out a payment plan. I'm puting $75 towards Links SQL every month myself.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
I think the product is great at 450 USD and buyers who need good directory are buying it. It is true that if the price of product is reduced there will be more sale but in that case the product will come in medium category of script now it is a premium product
Megrisoft
Web Hosting Company
India Software Company
SEO Company

Quote Reply
Re: [megri] Purchasing Links 2.0 In reply to
Or we can put aside our cognitive dissonance and go open source and save $450.