Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Problem with received email.

Quote Reply
Problem with received email.
When validating an email, the email the person received has the subject of "Listing has been Added!" but the body only contains "Unkown Tag: Title". I have no "Title" field. I changed it to Business in the previous version. I can't find which file would controls this Unknown Tag output. Anyone have any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with received email. In reply to
Look in sub html_validate_email of admin_html.pl. The key area you are looking for is the my $msg = &load_template ('email-add.txt', \%link); line.

Based on that code, the <%Title%> of the link should be available in the email-add.txt template file.
Quote Reply
That was it. BUT, since I elected NOT to use the templates, shouldn't it be using the message specified in the add.cgi rather than the email-add.txt template??? If not, then why does the add.cgi even include the email message to send?
Quote Reply
Oops. Guess the add.cgi only contains the ADMIN message. Guess I better start taking a closer look at some of these new files. <G>
Quote Reply
The 3 template files, email-add.txt, email-del.txt, and email-mod.txt are used by admin_html.pl regardless of the templates settings in links.cfg. For the most part, links.cfg affects the pages the users sees, not so much the pages that the admin sees.