Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Once URL is clicked at a new Window should be opened

Quote Reply
Once URL is clicked at a new Window should be opened
How can I make it possible that for one URL a completely new window is opened. Meaning I will then have two windows, one with the Link options and the second one with chosen Link.

Can you help me? (I am still using Link 1.1)

Thank you!

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Once URL is clicked at a new Window should be opened In reply to
Try searching the forums for an answer to this. It has been discussed very recently. Regardless of which version of Links you use, the procedure is basically the same.

Quote Reply
Thank you! I did try to search for this question, but it did not approach my problem. I only want one link to open up a new window!! Not all of them. I understand that I could have changed the html.pl settings but this would have had an effect for all links. Can you give me a different answer

Bob
Quote Reply
If you are using templates just use target="_blank" for any link you want to be opened in a new window.

Here is how.

<A HREF="<%your variable%>" TARGET="_blank">Your Link</A>
Quote Reply
If you know the title or url of that "one" link you want opened in a new window, you will have to check for it when building the link in sub site_html_link and add the "target=" for that one link, but not for the others. I don't know any other way of doing that, but that doesn't mean there isn't another way.
Quote Reply
Thank you for the message. So by placing the target="_blank" for any link. I understood that but if I only want to open one special link with target="_blank" and all others have to be opened in the current window, do you have any idea!?

Bob
Quote Reply
You just need to add this code where you define the links...

Code:
target="target_name_here"

this will make all links open in 1 separate window
Quote Reply
Bobsie,

thank you for the tip! I just added an if argument and it worked fine. Smile

Bob