Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Need a new webhost provider

Quote Reply
Need a new webhost provider
I'm running a Links 2.0 install with less than 1500 links - and the build process chokes quite frequently. I'm told that this is because my webhost provider probably has too many users on the server (or won't allot enough resources to individual users - 'System 9' error). Guess it's time to consider a different webhost provider. Any suggestions? Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [triple1] Need a new webhost provider In reply to
check out http://www.webhostingratings.com/ Use the Advanced Search with minimum rating of 8 or 9.

I ended up using ICDSoft. but they don't have individual error reports which I found almost indespensible in finding my errors.

I my try Lunarpages.com

But you may need to switch to LINKS SQL since it appears you may be timing out. How about the staggered Build option instead of Build All???

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Need a new webhost provider In reply to
Wink Thanks. I note that ICDSoft has usage stats - but do they also have some kind of online log stats program? (like analog ...) How big is your Links database?

I already use staggered build. I paid a programmer to look - and they located the System 9 error. With less than 1500 links, Links should have no problem.

Last edited by:

triple1: Nov 3, 2002, 3:23 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [triple1] Need a new webhost provider In reply to
they have some sort of server stats done by Webalizer Version 2.01. And you can download the access log and run your own. They save it for you which is nice

Mine is not nearly that large.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] Need a new webhost provider In reply to
I have been at FutureQuest for several years, and am quite happy with their service. Disc space is small compared to some, but so is the server load. Heaps of services, forums, stats, and more. Also, they have a "Command n Control" interface, which makes modding the scripts real easy, as you can do it on the server (through your browser), and not have to keep uploading every little change. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Need a new webhost provider In reply to
Thanks - added to my bookmarks. Smile