Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

NOOOOOO!!

Quote Reply
NOOOOOO!!
Less a question or comment then a cry of frustration. I just installed links 1.1, had everything working (or so it seemed) but then I noticed it wasn't creating any directories. When looking into build log I noticed that it didn't like the "." in my directory name. (my site is called eddings.net so that was the name of the base directory) So back to the drawing board.. I am now doing it all again but in a directory without a ".". I don't know if I missed it but could u write this little warning in the readme file next release or something? All the other scripts I use don't seem to mind the "."
Quote Reply
Re: NOOOOOO!! In reply to
Hello, in the links 1.11 program, there is a field in links.cgf that if a characher is in there, it would not allow it to appear in the path theirfor canceling the build process.
Jimz
Quote Reply
Is it wise for me to allow "."s then, because it says to never allow it. It might just be safer to rebuild in a directory without "."s
Quote Reply
See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...oduct=Links&ww=1 and pay particular attention to the Note near the bottom.