Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
MySQL
HI,

Please, can anybody write step by step guide to modify Links to use MySQL. I have very big database, and I dont want to my visitors wait too long.
Any info will be very helpfull!!!

Thanks!!!

Zira
Quote Reply
Re: MySQL In reply to
I know that some people succesfull use SQL version of Links. Nobody to help me???
Quote Reply
have you looked at the beta version of links sql on the main Links page?

--mark

------------------
You can reach my by ICQ at UID# 8602162

Quote Reply
Zira,

1) Download MySQL at http://www.mysql.com and install.
2) Make sure you have also downloaded and install MySQL perl modules. (do not change any of the MySQL default settings unless you know what you are doing.)
3) Configure the sql.cfg file to your server's specifications.
4) Move the files over and make sure you backup all files which you are replacing -- if things don't work out, you can always restore back to the originals.

Gee, I'm kind of at a brain-lock state now...

Just give it a try and come back here to report your successes and failures. I will try my best to get you up using MySQL with Links!

Oh, by the way, YahooSUCK! is now running Links 2b4 with MySQL. Searches now takes only 3-4 seconds to complete as opposed to 10-12 seconds in the past from my internal network -- I have close to 7500 links on my database.

John
http://www.yahoosuck.com

[This message has been edited by jmurphy (edited January 18, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks.
I will try it this week. Thanks again...

(YahooSuck is vety Cool!!!)

Zira
Quote Reply
I am also interested in running links using mysql. I have mysql on a the host I use but never messed around with it. There is a directory set up on my server called MySql and that is about as mush as I know about mysql. What do you need to do exactly to run linkswith mysql? What do you need to chage in the scripts? How do the files need to be placed into Mysql, etc?

I do not even know where to begin. I checked out the mysql web site but did not really pick anything up.