Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Lost half a database

Quote Reply
Lost half a database
I just lost half of my datbase! It was only a test DB to let me play with the program... I had about 150 links in it, and I built pages last at 100 links and eveything was great. I rebuilt the site with the new added links and nothing complained of any errors. it's just that now I have only 70 or so links.

I looked at all of the files in the data directory, and the link count is at the correct count, but the url file only has 73 links...

Any ideas why? I'd hate to deploy this application, only to find that it's going to funk out on occasion.
Quote Reply
Re: Lost half a database In reply to
Your database probably just had a bad day and decided to only partially kill itself. It seems, on occasion, the build process will kill the database. So, you are left with whatever was last backed up. Not a problem if you only build once a day, as that will be backed up. If you build more often than that, I recommend saving your database to your hard drive before building. It may take a little longer, but it will potentially save you a lot of grief. Smile

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: Lost half a database In reply to
i'm testing on an NT machine.

It'll live on Solaris for the final install... Thanks for the info.