Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Links Speed

Quote Reply
Links Speed
Since the change to version 2.0, the Build of Links pages is taking much longer for me. My database has about 3,300 records (just over 500k) in approximately 30 categories. The Build on a Sun SPARC 10 with about 20megs free RAM when running takes more than an hour with the perl process of nph-build taking 80%+ CPU. I am not using any advanced features of Links (popular, ratings, style sheets, etc) and in Links 1.1 the Build took less than 1/4 of this time. I have went through the program comparing files to see the differences but can not find anything that would change the build like this. The resulting pages are exactly the same as they were in Links 1.1. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Links Speed In reply to
I use site_html.pl, the same one I used with 1.1 with the several necessary additions for new available features. I did the upgrade from 1.1 to 2.0 a few days after it was released and immediately noticed the problem when I went to do the Build that day.
Quote Reply
Re: Links Speed In reply to
Wow, it should not take nearly that long. Are you using templates or site_html.pl? Do you still have 1.11 installed? Is it still 1/4th the time?

Cheers,

Alex