Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Integrating Templates

Quote Reply
Integrating Templates
Howdy,

I’ve downloaded a template zip (Script Resource Section Templates, V.1.0 by Alex Krohn) from the resources section, and I have no clue on how to integrate it into my copy of Links. I tried just uploading all the files in the zip, and overwriting the files that are already present on my site, and it SEEMED to work. The Interface had changed and I was allowed to add categories and links with no problem. But I began to notice that some links were not working (Cool, Top 10 etc.) so I guessed that just copying the new files over the old did not work. Can anyone out there let me know how I can integrate new templates over the existing templates?

Cheers,

Spocks

Quote Reply
Re: Integrating Templates In reply to
You need to edit the header.txt and footer.txt files where these links are contained.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Cheers for the reply AnthroRules,

What needs to be editted in those files for the template to function?

Quote Reply
Uh...the links...Do I need to be explicit about HTML codes you need to edit?...Look in those files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok will do,

One more thing. Just to be sure, it is ok just to upload the new files and overwrite the old, yes?

Cheers

Spocks

Quote Reply
YES! But you need to edit the header.txt and footer.txt files that come with this particular Template Mod...Also be sure that you add the codes from the Enhanced Template.pm Mod located in the Resource Center in your Template.pm file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee