Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Installation errors, tips/help appreciated

Quote Reply
Installation errors, tips/help appreciated
I am trying to install the links2 script and keep getting this error whenever I try to run admin.cgi:Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl at add.cgi line 31.Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.Obviously I have some path set wrong, can someone check out what I have below and let me know where I went wrong?My directories are as follows:Script located: /public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/pages to be built: /public_html/links/pages/Here is my code:# PATH and URL of Admin CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_script_path = "/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin";
$db_dir_url = "http://www.mediamage.com/cgi-bin/links/admin";

# URL of User CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.
$db_cgi_url = "http://www.mediamage.com/cgi-bin";

# PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.
$build_root_path = "/public_html/links/pages";
$build_root_url = "http://www.mediamage.com/links/pages";

# PATH and URL of What's New page. No Trailing slash.
$build_new_path = "$build_root_path/New";
$build_new_url = "$build_root_url/New";# PATH and URL of What's Cool page. No Trailing slash.
$build_cool_path = "$build_root_path/Cool";
$build_cool_url = "$build_root_url/Cool"; # PATH and URL of What's Rating page. No Trailing slash.
$build_ratings_path = "$build_root_path/Ratings";
$build_ratings_url = "$build_root_url/Ratings";

Thanks!Tawnya
Quote Reply
Re: [Tawnya] Installation errors, tips/help appreciated In reply to
Change the following line:

Code:
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

in the ADMIN.CGI to the following:

Code:
require "/public_html/cgi-bin/links/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

or wherever you uploaded your LINKS.CFG file.

The reason for the error is that the script cannot find the LINKS.CFG file and thus cannot find the $db_lib_path variable, which is defined in the links.cfg file.

This has been discussed before in the forums...try searching the forums...before posting questions. Thanks.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Installation errors, tips/help appreciated In reply to
Thank you for responding. I did spend the past hour viewing past threads but could not find my answer.

Anyhow, I tried what you said and now get this error putting that link in the admin.cgi to read require "/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg"; Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl at add.cgi line 31.Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.Thanks ahead of time,Tawnya
Quote Reply
Re: [Tawnya] Installation errors, tips/help appreciated In reply to
Ok, duh, I had the directory wrong, had path going to:

/home/mediamag/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin

instead of /home/mediamag/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin

Thanks for all your help and hopefully the rest will be straight forward, at least the admin.cgi is showing up now.

Tawnya