Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How to backup my database??

Quote Reply
How to backup my database??
which files should I backup in order to save the data in my database?? the files should contain all the directory and link information so that I won't need to input them again.

Quote Reply
Re: How to backup my database?? In reply to
Uh...the nph-build.cgi already does this for you...it should backup the links.db, categories.db, and email.db...which should be located in your backup directory.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
also, i believe widgetz made code for putting the .db files into a tar-gzipped file. I think that was for Eliot. But it would save on space.

Quote Reply
Nope...I was not the user who requested it.

Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Sorry for the question, I am neither a programmer nor do I have time to indulge in Perl, but what's the function of url.db and why isn't it updated as well? I am asking, because my provider had deleted that file and I had to "reconstruct" it painstakingly...

Quote Reply
url.db is used with the jump.cgi file. The reason that your provider has deleted it is because your jump.cgi is probably consuming a lot of CPU/Memory OR your url.db is large.

This would be another file you would need to back-up. If you search this forum (Links 2.0 Discussion Forum) for back up tar gz widgetz using And search option and in the past year, you will find codes that will save ALL files in your /data/ directory.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank you for your help! Smile

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee