Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

How do I make some fields appear some places...

Quote Reply
How do I make some fields appear some places...
OK, I found how to add fields manually. This I did sucessfully. Smile But...such as this:

Quote:
The Anne Rice's Vampire Lestat Fan Club Newsletter - Annual Gathering of the Coven in New Orleans, member-only website. - P.O. Box 58277 - New Orleans - LA - 70158-8277 - USA - http://www.arvlfc.org/ new (Added: 27-Jan-2000 Hits: 0 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It - Details

Now, the info was submitted by separate fileds,m such as City:, State:, Zip:, Phone: etc. but I only want that information to be displayed on the Detailed view page, NOT in the link listing where only the Description should be going.

It's all being included there. How do I stop other fields that just the description from appearing there?

(Did that make any sense? I'm so sleepy...I've been at this Links since this morning...)

P.S. The site in my sig is not hte same one I'm working on, for the record...

------------------

--Sanguinarius
The Real Vampire Directory
www.sanguinarius.org/cgi-bin/links/pages/
Quote Reply
Re: How do I make some fields appear some places... In reply to
Uh...All you have to do is edit your link.html and include only the fields you want to display in a "short" view. Then you add the rest of the links in the detailed.html template file.

Then to link to the detailed page, use the following link in the link.html template file:

Code:
<a href="<%build_root_url%>/detailed/<%ID%>.shtml">Detailed Page</a>

Change /detailed/ to whatever you specified as the detailed directory in the links.cfg file.

BTW: This has been discussed in this Forum and the Modification Forum. DO you ever use the search engine in this forum???

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 26, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Yes I do. But when a max of 50 results is returned, and 49 of them are irrelevant to what I'm wanting to know, it tends to not help me any...

But thank you..
Quote Reply
Uh...The Posts become even more confusing as time goes on...

You originally asked how to break up fields/informtion into the regular links.html and detailed.html.

I provided you a solution.

Now, you are talking about problems with the search engine??? Then you will have to edit the link.html and detailed.html files to show the exact information that IS MORE USEFUL.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------