Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Header & Footer

Quote Reply
Header & Footer
Hello,
What kind of files (txt, html) do the header and footer files must be and in which directory should I place them?
Quote Reply
Re: Header & Footer In reply to
Definately, you'll find them available as <%header%> and <%footer%> in your category template.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
The header and footer files can be either text or html, it makes no difference. The header files go into the admin/header directory, the footer files go into the admin/footer directory.

If the header or footer is short, there is no real need to put them into a file. You can just store them in the field for the category record. When Links look at the field, it first tries to find a matching file name in the directory. If it does not find one, it will display whatever is in the field.

I hope this answers your questions.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks... Just one more question:
Can I use header and footer files working with the templates?

------------------
Javier
Quote Reply
Hi, thanks for your answer but after that I get this message:

Unkown Tag: header

I made it in some templates (home.html, add.html, etc)

Can you please tell me more???

Regards,
Quote Reply

Quote:
Definately, you'll find them available as <%header%> and <%footer%> in your category template.

Notice that his said, "in your category template." That means, they are not available in other templates.

I think you are a bit confused about the use of those headers and footers. They are used just on the category pages for whatever use you want to give them. If you are trying to use a general header and footer that would apply to all pages, see the thread at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/000879.html .

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Thank you very much, I will give it a try...

Can you please tell me how can I make that every text looks like arial (font face arial)
and not other?? I made some changes to de links.css file but I canīt fix it yet.

Kind Regards,

------------------
Javier