Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Header, Footer? It just doesn't work. :(

Quote Reply
Header, Footer? It just doesn't work. :(
Hi!

I'm unable to use the Header and Footer, but I don't know why. I put a simple text (this is going to be a header) while creating a directory, then I've tried putting a file name (header.html) into the header form, then putting a file name with exact location (../links/pages/test/footer.txt) but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Header, Footer? It just doesn't work. :( In reply to
Add the <%header%> and <%footer%> calls in the category.html template...

------------------
Craig Antill
10 Tenths Motorsport (1.1) - www.Ten-Tenths.com/links/
THE Directory (2.0b3) - www.gardenbuildings.com/
Quote Reply
ALMOST!!!

Thank you for your help! The <%header%> and <%footer%> calls almost did it. I mean, according the instructions:

" The script looks at whatever you have entered in the header/footer field. It first
checks to see if what you entered is a file and if it is it will insert the contents
of that file. "

Well, I put "a.html" for header file and "b.txt" for footer, uploaded them, but in the category page only the name "a.html" and "b.txt" showed up, not the content of those files. I've tried using full path and full address to those files, but the same happened. The content didn't show up, only the name, or "value". What am I doing wrong this time?
Quote Reply
First of all, do not put any paths in the fields for the header or footer. Only the file name is needed.

Upload the header file to the admin/header directory, and the footer file to the admin/footer directory. Do not upload them to the admin or admin/data directories.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
SUCCESS!

Finally I've got it! The problem was that I've uploaded the header and footer files into the category directory insted of the header-footer directory. Thanks for the help!