Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Having "total" links displayed on a different page

Quote Reply
Having "total" links displayed on a different page
Hi;

I'm creating a passworded directory, using Links 2.0.

What I want to do, is to have my primary "sales" pages [which is not passworded], display the total links
in the "password protected" directory, to assist people in deciding to purchase access or not.

I assume I need the "Sales" pages to access the links.css file, and that has to be placed into a non-passworded folder somewhere.

I do know a bit of cgi, but am not proficient, therefore, I need instructions on how to do this in fairly easy to understand language.

I was able to put the links.css file into a non-passworded folder, but it messed up the "Directory" page, by not loading the background.gif

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: [bcramer] Having "total" links displayed on a different page In reply to
One way would be to use the mod linked below, but instead of creating an index page, have it create one named 'sales' or whatever you need. Read through the instructions, if you need help, ask...

http://users.servicios.retecal.es/.../links/homepage.html

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Having "total" links displayed on a different page In reply to
Thanks for the info. However, I think I can make this less complicated.

All I need is a snippet of code to add to the nph_build.cgi that would write the total links to a .txt to a separate file in my htdocs directory during each build, overwrite the old total with the new one.

I can then convert my pages to .php, and pull the total from there and display it.

Thanks
Bryan
Angelic