Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Family Tree / Geneology

Quote Reply
Family Tree / Geneology
Has anyone worked on a Family Tree / Geneology web site project? Do you think Links or DBman could be effectively used for this purpose?

Quote Reply
Re: Family Tree / Geneology In reply to
I've written a MLM site replicator script that works on the same principle of family trees. I'll be offering it for sale soon at www.groundbreak.com as well as a freeware site replicator.

I don't think Links or DBman could help with a family tree. But the one thing I do think they should be turned into is an online store. Image putting your products in at the admin page, building your store, then having all the functionality of Amazon.com!

Steve
www.adultjump.com/links
Quote Reply
Re: Family Tree / Geneology In reply to
I just checked your site but it was empty :-). But Never mind!

Seriously, your comment regarding Amazon is exactly what I am looking for -- among various other projects in hand. Can you think aloud on that topic private by email?

As regards the Family Tree, (which is personal in nature) my idea stemmed from the fact that the categories and sub-cats flow in the same manner as a family tree. Instead of two line description, we can add few shorter fields like Date of Birth, Place or Birth, Spouse, Kids, etc. etc. and at the end have the feature to add link to a personal home page if one exists, and obviously to add a photograph as well.

Any ideas?