Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Error: Can't find link id:

Quote Reply
Error: Can't find link id:
I'm getting this error (in Netscape) after doing bulkload (which I've done successfully many times before). (In Explorer, it trys to download a file instead of opening the link)Any ideas what's wrong here?

I've found a couple of references in search, but no solution. I've checked the pending.txt file and can't see anything different from previous one (except content of course). The link in the status bar looks exactly like those previously added (except number of course) and those still work fine. When I call up the newly added links in the admin, all looks normal, including the link id. (links.cfg is still the same) What am I missing?

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: Error: Can't find link id: In reply to
Ken,
I don't know is this exactly your problem, but check your permissions are set correctly. Sometimes I get a download box instead of a 500 error...perhaps this helps you a little...Also I think if you didn't upload in ascii, I think you'll get this same problem
Quote Reply
OK, thanks. Got it going again after reconstructing all recent data, re-bulkloading, and rebuilding all.
Quote Reply
tompyles
Thanks for the suggestions. i think I'm OK with these, but I'm gonna check to make sure.