Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Directory without links?

Quote Reply
Directory without links?
Would it be possible to use links 2.0 for a recipe index without urls? Like if I wanted to make a searchable recipe index with categories would links 2.0 work without urls?

I tried to implement this idea but links will not allow a listing without a url?

Quote Reply
Re: Directory without links? In reply to
Yes...it can...

If you are NOT having any links for recipes, then you need to remove the URL field in the links.def file. If you do plan on having URLs to recipe sites latter on, then I would recommend using the isLinked Modification located in the Resource Center.

BTW: This has been discussed before in the Links 2.0 Customization forum.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank you for the rapid response.

I scanned through all of the mods. I even searched for islinked,is linked,islinked.mod in the resource center under links 2.0 and was unable to locate it. I must be looking right past it.

Let me clarify want I want to do with links. I was hoping to have a directory that would allow people to submit recipes. And have them searchable. I don't think that it would require any website linking of any sort. I think it would however require the detailed pages.

If you think this will still work for this purpose I would appreciate any input.

Quote Reply
PLEASE search the Links 2.0 Customization Forum for recipes no URL and you will find relevant Threads...

(OR search for homepage maker Mod)

Use the following search options:

Forum: Links 2.0 Customization
Search Options: And
Date Range: All posts
Hits: 500

And again, ALL you HAVE to do is DELETE the URL field...then add other fields relevant to "recipes". Then add the field numbers that you want to be searchable in the @search_fields array in the links.def.

Don't know how to make this more clear for you.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank You!

That is very clear. I searched the resource center. It sounds very simple.

Thanks again.

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Glad you FINALLY figured it out! Tongue

Regards,

Eliot Lee