Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Detailed created but not linking to html from links

Quote Reply
Detailed created but not linking to html from links
I have created /Detailed directory and the /Detailed/1.html is being created just fine but the link in the Title has jump.cgi?ID=1 going to the actual URL place in the add/submit form. How can I make the title point to the /Detailed/1.html? What might I be doing wrong here.?
I did find the thread at:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum11/HTML/000431.html
but this is not working correctly either.

At least for what I want... What I want is to have the "Title" in the current Resource Center Template to link to a review and then have the review link to the actual site.
Tips/Code please Smile

[This message has been edited by timryan (edited June 30, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Detailed created but not linking to html from links In reply to
In site_html_templates.pl, sub site_html_link, make these changes:

1. On the line after my %rec = @_; add the following:

Code:
my $details = "";

if ($build_detailed) {
$details++;
}

2. Change:

Code:
return &load_template ('link.html', {
detailed_url => "$db_detailed_url/$rec{'ID'}$build_extension",
%rec,
%globals
});

to read:

Code:
return &load_template ('link.html', {
detailed_url => "$build_detail_url/$rec{'ID'}$build_extension",
Details => $details,
%rec,
%globals
});

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 30, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Now getting "Unkown Tag: Details" ....
Thanks Bobsie that worked nicely. I am almost there to finish line
BUT...
Unkown Tag: Details
error is poping up in my details page. I checked the detailed.html template (remember this is the Resource Center version of templates) and the template does have a tag <%Details%>. Now my question is what seems to be missing that prevents the details from printing. What did I miss?

Update.. I just did some debugging and it looks like when I submit an ad using add.cgi (resource templates) The Short Description: is passing into the validate.db ok but the Full Description is getting lost in never never land. Guess this means one of the modules is not doing anything with the Full Description. During this debugging I put a line in
site_html_templates.pl
Routine..sub site_html_detailed
that reads..Details => $Details,
without really knowing what this line of perl code means (would love to have someone shed some light on this also for me).
Anyway this got rid of the "Unknown Tag: Details" error message but still no Full description info data is printing on the /Detailed/1.html file. SOooo something tells me I need to find the mod that both captures this "Full Description" field of resource template and then the module that passes this field onto the /Detailed/1.html file.
Anyone... ? Tips? Code? Modules?
Thanks
Tim

[This message has been edited by timryan (edited July 01, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Looks like this poor sole has the same problem too...http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum11/HTML/000540.html
Found this thread as I did a search on "Full Detail"
Anybody? Smile
Quote Reply
OK.. just spent the day debuggin and searching the forum and looks like I got this resolved by adding a field to links.def
Details => [14, 'alpha', '40x3', 32500, 0, '', '']

Any other modules I should change? Or does this take care of all modules automatically?