Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Check Categories strange behaviour

Quote Reply
Check Categories strange behaviour
I'm checking the categories on my Links 2.0 installation and I get the message "You have some links in your database that are associated with categories that do not exist." It gives me three options, but then it does not allow me to execute any of them.

It does not actually show a bad category or bad links. Would someone out there (an expert) care to check this out for me? Please email me privately as I don't want to post the admin link publicly.

David

Quote Reply
Re: Check Categories strange behaviour In reply to

Same happens to me. I for some odd reason think its because I only have one category.

(In the html for check categories, there is no entry for "name" on some of the form input values... but I couldn't find the exact part of the script that produces the "move" option (I manged to find the add and delete options)....)

Anyway, I ended up going through the links.db file and finding the entries that had no category listed at all (which was the problem. Note that the category is listed right after the date, so its easy to do a search and replace) and I changed all the blank ones to a valid category name... saved it, and it worked.