Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Categories Not Building...overload?

Quote Reply
Categories Not Building...overload?
I am running Links 2.0 and the categories used to build but now it won't. When I add links and categories, it adds it to the What's New page but that's all. It doesn't create the directory and doesn't add it to the page it's from. It used to build categories but now it won't. I did not mess with any settings.

I have 1010 links in my directory and maybe it is because nph-build.cgi can't handle that many? I have no need for email and name and they are a waste of time because I use Links as a database for my MIDI files. All I need is Title, URL, Category, and ID. Maybe this would minimize the filesize of the database. Anybody know how I can do this?

My current links.db is 133 kb. I read some posts and it should be able to handle more. Does anybody know what the problem is?

I use Hispeed.com as my webhosting company and I've heard a lot of people say that nph-build.cgi doesn't work right on this server.

If you want an example go to http://www.mididatabase.com/db/Hit_Songs/R_Bands/ and there is only one name whereas when you go into the What's New page, for January 6, you see two other bands under R that won't build directories but will be built into the What's New page. I don't understand this.

It adds it to the links.db database all the links and categories.db all the categories but it just stopped building them.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Shawn Sampson

[This message has been edited by shawn13 (edited January 06, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: Categories Not Building...overload? In reply to
Try building your directory via telnet.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Categories Not Building...overload? In reply to
Try using build staggered and adjusting the number of links built per page and further subdivide your categories. that's what worked for me.

[This message has been edited by lordmouse (edited January 07, 2000).]