Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Cat. descriptions - removing indentation?

Quote Reply
Cat. descriptions - removing indentation?
Hi All,

I'd like to pull the catagory descriptions to the left so that they would start at the same margin as the catagory titles. I've rooted about in the templates but can't seem to find out how to do this. Thanks.

http://hospice-cares.com/links/pages/
Quote Reply
Re: Cat. descriptions - removing indentation? In reply to
In either site_html.pl or site_html_templates.pl, in the sub site_html_print_cat, you will find the following code:

Quote:
# Then we print out the name linked, new if it's new, and popular if its popular.
$output .= qq~<dl><dt><strong><a class="link" href="$url">$category_name</a></strong> <small class="numlinks">($numlinks)</small> ~;
$output .= qq~<small><sup class="new">new</sup></small>~ if (&days_old($mod) < $db_new_cutoff);
$output .= qq~</dt>~;
$output .= qq~<dd><span class="descript">$description </span></dd>~ if (!($description =~ /^[\s\n]*$/));
$output .= qq~</dl>~;

The <dd> ... </dd> tags are what does the indenting. You might just want to remove all the <dl>, <dt>, and <dd> tags.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Cat. descriptions - removing indentation? In reply to
OK,

If you want to change the spacing between catagories so the cat's are closer together like yahoo. What part of the site_???.pl would I need to chagen. I am using Templates.

Thanks,

Todd

[This message has been edited by tgoodman (edited April 29, 1999).]