Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Can you disable contact e-mail and sendmail?

Quote Reply
Can you disable contact e-mail and sendmail?
I am installing Links 2.0 on an Intranet that is not on the Internet and the server has no sendmail set up on it. It there a way to prevent the script from trying to send a mail if a link is rejected and also to prevent the script from requiring a contact e-mail when creating a link? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Can you disable contact e-mail and sendmail? In reply to
Yes...this has been discussed twice in the past week and half in both the Links 2.0 Customization Forum and in this forum.

Search for db_email_delete Eliot in the Links 2.0 Discussion Forum using And search options and specify in past year via the forum's search form.

Good luck!

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I believe I saw the post you were speaking of...however it did not address the question I was asking. I am lookign for the following functionality. Right now when I as an admin or a user tries to add a link, the script brings up an error saying I must type in a contact e-mail address. That is the fiirst problem. The second problem is if I as an admin go in to accept link additions or modifications, if I reject/delete them, I cannot stop the script from giving an error stating it could not file the sendmail program. I know you are busy but this is the only problem I am having with this helpful script. Thanks.

Quote Reply
READ THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=25&Old=allposts

!!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Ok...that fixed it so it does not send a mail message when I reject a link. The only problem left is that I want to be able to add a link without having to specify a contact e-mail address...I want to be able to leave it blank. People in the department that will be requesting links do not have e-mail addresses to type in this blank.

Quote Reply
Look in your links.def file...

Change the 1 to 0 in the Contact Email field.

This will un-require the field and allow NULL or blank values.

Good luck with your LINKS project!

Regards,

Eliot Lee