Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Can a link be listed in more than one category?

Quote Reply
Can a link be listed in more than one category?
Is it possible to put a link in more than one category without adding a second record into the database?

Thanks!
Josh
Quote Reply
Re: Can a link be listed in more than one category? In reply to
Check out the Multiple Categories Mod by loopy.

http://www.online-sweepstakes.com/links-mods/
Post deleted by jbridge14 In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [t_dog] Can a link be listed in more than one category? In reply to
I think this is great; I had been playing around with a bunch of redundant links while thinking there must be a better way.

But after installing the mod, it does seem to shift all my data by one entry, corrupting the database. There should probably be some mention of that in the writeup. I guess I need to look in the forum to find out how to correct my database. Good thing I did a backup.

Regards,

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: [memobug] Can a link be listed in more than one category? In reply to
You need to update your existing database by adding another pipe delimiter in the column/space where you added the new "field".

Search the LINKS 2.0 FORUMS for upgrade.pl.

BTW: This problem has been addressed before, please search the forums before posting questions. Thank you.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Can a link be listed in more than one category? In reply to
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestion, but I already fixed my database (links.db) by importing it into Excel as a text file with a | delimiter.

The point of the original post was to document an undisclosed "feature" of this mod, which could have some serious impact on someone installing it unawares.

Of course I searched the database and the FAQ entry, Directions on adding additional fields in your links.db - IMHO, that needs some serious cleanup, and it doesn't mention upgrade.pl by name. That faq entry leads to a discussion about a modified "upgrade_beta.pl", some then-untested code, and a lot of questions about it.

Have a Happy New Year,

Matt