Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

CJ & Websponsors Links

Quote Reply
CJ & Websponsors Links
Anyone else have problems with CJ and Websponsors links at times? It seems that Links wants to redirect to 404 error pages for them at times.

Quote Reply
Re: CJ & Websponsors Links In reply to
Check your paths in the links.cfg and also check the links in the template files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
no help...

Quote Reply
Well, what modifications have you installed?

If you are getting Not Found (404) errors...that is tpyically attributed to WRONG URLS in your HTML pages OR misonfiguration of path and URL variables in the links.cfg file...

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Regular links work just fine...only sometimes it seems that when I use a link from CJ or Websponsors it doesn't want to redirect it to the proper offer site.

Lets say I link directly to iWin.com, it will work fine when the link in my directory is clicked on...however if I try to use my websponsors affiliate link or CJ link it will redirect to a 404 error page for some reason.

But the odd thing is that it only happens some of the time...very weird.

Quote Reply
Thats a problem on thier end, not yours.
DoubleClick also has them same problem, if the ad doesn't appear right, then doubleclick sometimes re-directs to a 404 page.

Quote Reply
That is what I thought...
Thank you

Quote Reply
I was just woundering how do you add the cj.com links to the data base. there all in html code with that 0 border pic for tracking. Is the a special was to add the links?

Thanks Tony

Quote Reply
I just take the href tag and link that in my directory...however that could be the reason I am getting alot of errors from this and when the links are clicked from my site I am getting 404 errors.

I have figured a way around this though ;)