Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

CGI TimeOut

Quote Reply
CGI TimeOut
Hi,

I'm having the problem again with my Building of my search engine getting the message: "CGI Timeout

The specified CGI application exceeded the allowed time for processing. The server has deleted the process."

The last time this happened it was because I had to many records in my hits directory. But that's not the case this time, I've cleaned it out and I'm still getting that message and I can't build the whole search engine and it's not recording hits.

Any suggestions on what I should try to fix it?

Sonja Marie
Quote Reply
Re: [SonjaMarie] CGI TimeOut In reply to
Do you have access to telnet? If so, run it via that, with something like;

perl /path/to/the/admin/foldedr/nph-build.cgi

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] CGI TimeOut In reply to
Andy,

I don't have access to my domain with telnet.

Sigh.

Sonja Marie
Quote Reply
Unfortunatly, the only other way I can think of is to get your host to extend the timeout :( I seem to remember you were on a Cobalt server weren't you?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] CGI TimeOut In reply to
I don't recall, probably. I've emailed them, but the timeouts are wierd, sometimes it takes only a few seconds and other times longer and I've had building times in the past of 284 seconds, so no idea why it's coughing up blood now.

Sonja Marie
Quote Reply
My server reset the cgi scripting for my site and I was finally able to rebuild all.

Thanks for trying to help.

Sonja Marie