Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

CGI Error - Backing up Links

Quote Reply
CGI Error - Backing up Links
Hi, This is the error that I have. Please check it out. Thanks.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /data1/hypermart.net/philsite/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

Form Variables

Quote Reply
Re: CGI Error - Backing up Links In reply to
See the other thread about this at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...m11/HTML/000705.html

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Hi Bobsie,
I got this problem, everytime I click home in my navigation bar it always says Gossamer Threads Demo. How can I change that to my own title?
Quote Reply
Hi,
Another question. How can I change the look of my templates and how many links can Links 2.0 can take?
Quote Reply
I keep on getting errors. Here's the error I got in my Admin.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open count file: '/data1/hypermart.net/philsite/cgi-bin/links/admin/data/hits/index.count'. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /data1/hypermart.net/philsite/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

Please help! Thanks
Quote Reply
You need to change permission of all the files in the data directory (where you have your count files, .db files, etc.) to 666.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
To change the title that is being displayed, change the $site_title variable in links.cfg.

You can change the look of the templates just by editing them the same as any other html file. The only difference is, the templates use <%links_tags%> to represent the variables in the database.

Theoretically, there is no limit to the amount of links that Links can process; however, there is a practical limit based on the server's resources and the speed in which the flat-file databases can be processed.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited July 08, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Hello Bobsie
I went to my links.cfg and I can't find the $Site_title variable that you're telling me. I only found $build_site_title.
Quote Reply
$build_site_title is the correct variable. Sorry.
Quote Reply
Hi Bobsie,
My $build_site_title looks like this $build_site_title = \"PhilSite";. This is what it looks like because I had a syntax error before so I had to changed it. Do I have to take off my "\" again?
Quote Reply
Based on what you are showing for your site title, there is no need for the "\" to be there.