Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Bypassing the whats new list

Quote Reply
Bypassing the whats new list
Hello!!

My third time posting questions. What I want is whenever I click whats new menu I want the result is all the new sites for the past 14 days (The default I think)not the by date list. I know I can do it manually.. is link 20 support this?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Bypassing the whats new list In reply to
I answered this same question in the LINKS Modification Forum last week.

Wink

Anyway, here is what you need to list all new pages in the What's New page (rather than spanning pages), but also maintain spanning pages for your category and search result pages.

1) Create a new variable in the links.cfg file after the $build_span_pages variable:

Code:
$build_new_span_pages = 0;

By setting this field to 0, you are turning off spanning pages for the What's New page.

2) In your the sub build_new_page routine in the nph-build.cgi file, replace the $build_span_pages with $build_new_span_page variable, like the following:

Code:
if ($build_span_pages) {

SHOULD BE

Code:
if ($build_new_span_pages) {

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hi,
I had originally turned off the dates for the new page, but then I noticed that all the What's New links go on the same page without any spanning pages, so it could be a very long list on one page if you have a lot of new links. I asked about setting a max # of links per page for the What's New page in the Mods forum, and got the impression that it cannot be done.
Does the fix above print the links all to one page, or are they divided onto several pages?
Thanks!!!!
-V
Quote Reply
No, the codes I provided prints all links on the What's New Home Page. It does not produce spanning results nor sets a number of links per page.

Spanning pages for the What's New pages needs to be edited to allow a certain number of links per each page, but I have not worked on it yet and probably won't for a few months.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------