Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Building Pages...Timing out

Quote Reply
Building Pages...Timing out
I have looked through the forum and have determined I am not alone with this problem. When I try to build the pages...the build just stops...

I so I took the advice of the forum and tried to run the nph-build.cgi through telnet. I deleted ALL the pages that the build would normally build...so all I have a empty directory, a clean start...BUT I am getting this error when I run the build: "You cant run this script from telnet/shell." Not sure if this is a Links message or a server message.

I also tried the Staggered build...that didn't work either....

Thank you for your time,
Paul

Quote Reply
Re: Building Pages...Timing out In reply to
If you have mods in ur links, then i suggest rebuilding nph-build like i did, and ur problem will be solved atleats in terms of staggered.

Quote Reply
Re: Building Pages...Timing out In reply to
In Reply To:
You cant run this script from telnet/shell.
This is a Links error message that displays when you try to run admin.cgi from the shell. Since the default admin.cgi is frame-based, it is not possible to run it from the shell. What you want to run is nph-build.cgi, not admin.cgi. It should run the shell just fine. Either change to the admin directory and execute the command, nph-build.cgi or perl nph-build.cgi to run it.

I hope this helps.

- Bobsie
bobsie@orphanage.com
http://goodstuff.orphanage.com/